Thursday, March 19, 2015

TO MY FRIENDS by Jeffrey R Holland— #reviews #bookreview #amreading

TO MY FRIENDS by Jeffrey R Holland. This little gem has changed my life and my thought processes. The messages are fairly short and the titles of each chapter make it very clear who Elder Holland is talking to. It makes it easy to flip through and find the counsel you need at that specific moment. I highly recommend this book to any and everyone who believes in Jesus Christ. It's a book that I think should be in every Christian's library.

:) :) :) :) :)

"If you need a burden lifted, I want you to imagine I am in a personal, private, closed-door chat with you. I want to help you if I can." With those words, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland invites every reader of his latest book to become a friend, to receive instruction and encouragement, counsel and comfort.
Elder Holland addresses these powerful messages "to my friends who love the Lord," "to my friends who want to change," "to my friends who face opposition," and more. Each chapter begins with a beautifully designed quotation to help convey the message in an artistic way, making the book a lovely gift for friends to share. Throughout, Elder Holland's powerful witness of the Savior shines through, for, as he writes, "I am grateful for the greatest friend any of us could ever have, in time or eternity, the Lord Jesus Christ."

*A review copy was provided by the publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment