Saturday, May 31, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF A MOM


This week has not been the easiest. For once I felt like I was not tired and I could handle anything life threw at me and the one day of travel seemed to zap the sleep out of me. That added to the fact that the new baby has literally been doing summersaults for the last few days (daytime & night time), I feel like I’m back to square one. That and he seems to move even more of I don’t have food in my mouth . . . you know how much I love to eat . . . :) Aw the ironies of life.

Tigger has been great though. I expected some type of unconscious payback from him for being gone so long. Other than wanting to stay home, he’s been wonderful. I guess I should knock on wood. :)

Work has been good for Hubby and me . . . I just haven’t wanted to jump back into the reality and drama that life brings. That and the heat. I say it every summer, but I forget how hot it can get. I find myself saying that and yet it hasn’t been “warm” enough, necessarily to go swimming. The pool water would most likely be too cold. Are you laughing yet? I know. Illogical thought process. I guess I can blame that on pregnancy brain. :)

I think I understand the phrase, “You need a vacation to recover from your vacation” better now. But it was still worth it. We’ve had a great time telling friends and family about the trip and I’m excited to get through the pictures and put together a photo album (one more thing to add to the ever growing to-do list).

But it’s good to be home. We are very blessed and I’m grateful to have a home to come back to. I’m finding the anxiety is not completely gone. When I don’t see our dog moving or she’s in a deep sleep my first thought is she has passed away. I worry about our bird being outside for too long. I’m quicker to worry about where Tigger is playing and what he is doing outside when I used to not worry too much if our dog was with him. I’m sure that’s something I’m going to have to battle for awhile now. But it’s part of life.

And life is good. We are very blessed to have such wonderful family, friends and neighbors. I wouldn’t be who I am today without their influence and help. So thank you again. And thank you to those who have served, are serving, and will serve in the military. We lived in a very blessed land and the price for that land is not cheap. I am grateful for those who are willing to defend our rights and freedoms. Happy Belated Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment