Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Review--Kill Alex Cross


Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson. I got the opportunity to join the Once Upon a Twilight book tour for James Patterson's upcoming release (November) of Kill Alex Cross. I've been curious about James Patterson for quite some time. I've read and reviewed his Maximum Ride series, but I got the feeling that his adult books were on a different level. The book tour provided me the chance to give Patterson a try.

To be completely honest, had I not joined the book tour, I would not have continued past the first few chapters because of the language. However, I have to say that once I got past that I loved the book. The characters were fun and easy to relate to. The mystery was intriguing and interesting, but most of all, I loved the pace. Chapters were short which to me makes the book easier to read. I don't feel like I'm locked into ten pages worth of stuff. I can read a chapter or two, do the dishes and read another chapter or two. Even running to do something in between, I still felt involved in the story and was able to pick right back up. Not all books I'm able to do that with.

I can't recommend this book for everyone because of the language, but for those of you who love a good, fast paced mystery, this book is for you. It receives a :):):):) Here's a link for a Sample Chapter, where you can Pre-order the book, and a blurb. Let me what you think!

The President's son and daughter are abducted, and Detective Alex Cross is one of the first on the scene. But someone very high-up is using the FBI, Secret Service, and CIA to keep him off the case and in the dark.

A deadly contagion in the water supply cripples half of the capital, and Alex discovers that someone may be about to unleash the most devastating attack the United States has ever experienced.

As his window for solving both crimes narrows, Alex makes a desperate decision that goes against everything he believes—one that may alter the fate of the entire country. KILL ALEX CROSS is faster, more exciting, and more tightly wound than any Alex Cross thriller James Patterson has ever written!


1 comment: