Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday

Welcome to Work In Progress Wednesday. So this was supposed to be done last night so all I had to do today was post it. Obviously that happened. Ha, ha, ha. Well, I'm learning that with a new little one life has been completely altered. Everyone has said that nap time becomes precious writing time so I've been looking forward to that. Well . . . he's decided that he doesn't want to take very long naps during the day--half an hour here, ten minutes there. So that's leaving very little time to do important things like eat, take a shower, take out the garbage. Things like that. I'll have to adjust and figure out how to make it work.

Anyway, I figured I'd start out by telling you about what I've done and go from there. I complete one book that I've put on the back burner for a little while. It's a fantasy based on the Lost Dutchman Legend and the Superstition Mountains in Arizona called Superstitious Destiny. I will eventually get back to it since I think it's a fun storyline but I'm working to finish this latest one first.

For the past year I've been working on what has turned out to be a trilogy. It has been really fun to watch the characters evolve and the story take shape. The title of the first book is Encoded Secrets. It about a girl who's Dad disappears and it's her job to find him--even though he's told her not to--while searching for clues that lead to a family vault housing an incredible fortune. Next time I think I will post the query letter options that I have written and ask for opinions. I'm also thinking I'll put a link under my pages to read some of the chapters. We'll see. I have to think about it.

That's it for this week. We'll do more next and I will get it posted early. At least that's my goal. :)

1 comment: