Sunday, August 15, 2010

Book Reviews, Kudos and Stuff . . . part 2

So I finished some books this week and realized there was one from awhile ago I haven't reviewed. I'll get to it this time!


Janette Rallison's My Fair Godmother is a wonderful story all ages. It is definitely in the high school era, but what fun. I loved how the different fairy tales were wound into it, the mishaps the Fair Godmother made and the lessons learned by everyone involved. I think we would all be a little more careful what we wished for if we had a Fair Godmother would interpreted things just a little bit differently than we expected. :) I really enjoyed this book. Take a look and let me know what you think!

The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale I thought was a delightful book about friendship, however I can see how some people would not enjoy it as much as I did. There is a fine line for friendship when one is married and this book explores that line as well as life itself. All of the characters grew in many different ways. I truly believe people come into our lives for a reason, and Becky gets to discover why Felix has walked into her life and how to have him fit with her family. I loved the humor, the love, the life lessons and the challenges the characters are faced with and would recommend it for those who love a good story with twists.


Those of you who have read The Christmas Jars, this one's for you. The Christmas Jars Reunion by Jason Wright is absolutely delightful. It is a continuation of The Christmas Jars and what everyone is up to many years later. It's easy to forget the meaning of something that began for one reason or another. This book reminds us of how we can get distracted and how we need to remember the real meaning of what we do. It's wonderful for those of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment