Monday, June 21, 2010

Book Reviews


Well, here's a week's worth of books . . . or was it two. I guess it doesn't matter. Aprilynne Pike's Spells is the first on the list. This is the second in a series of four. I was disappointed with the first one and I can't decide on the second. It was slower than the first without as much action, but Laurel is sent to Avalon to learn more about her role as a Fall faerie. Of course there's conflict with Tami and David and choices have to be made in many different things. The end was very intriguing and I'm curious to see what happens, but if someone asked me what I thought of the book I would have to say I haven't decided yet. It is a good read for anyone who likes magic, romance and faeries though!



The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong is the conclusion of this triology. I have really been into this series and enjoying reading how Chloe's group was able to get out of their situation. There were unexpected twists and I loved the ending, however there could be more. The initial conflict has been resolved, but there could be more. Of course I always hope there's more to come, but seeing as this is the last in a triology my hope might be in vain. It's a great read if you don't mind a little bit of language.


Changes by Jim Butcher is the lastest in his Dresdan Files Series. Wow! The opening just smacks you in the face and keeps going from there. I texted a good friend just one word about it. Wow! She agreed. I did not see this one coming in the series. Changes is such an appropriate title. So many things were turned upside down for Dresdan and now I'm left wondering where it's going to head. If you like wizardry and everything that entails, good and bad, this is a great book for you. There is a lot of language that some do not feel is appropriate to use and I would not recommend this book for everyone.


Linda Sue Park is the next author in the 39 Clues series with Storm Warning. Park is a new author to the series and I really enjoyed her style. This book was a little bit more sobering than the rest and she handled it very well. Things change for Amy, Dan and Nellie. I'm excited to see how the next one goes and if the family truly can be pulled together like Grace always wanted. It is a great series for child and adult alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment