Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Reviews

hush, hush Becca Fitzpatrick

WOW! I devoured this book. It was totally worth the wait at the
library and is now on my list of books to buy. I absolutely loved it.
The characters were wonderful, the story fantastic and intriguing
and I got lost in it. There were lots of innuendos but if you love a
good urban fantasy, this is it. It was full of twists and turns that
I didn't see coming and I'm ready to read it again. I can't wait for
the second book in the series to come out.

When You Reach Me Rebecca Stead

This is 2010's Newberry Award Winner. I wasn't sure about this
book. It was confusing at first, but I think that is what made me
keep reading. I wanted to find out how it all ended. By the middle
I began to figure somethings out and the ending was incredible.
I was doubting why it won the award until I finished it. It is an
enjoyable read for anyone that I highly recommend.

Evermore Alyson Noel

At first I thought this book was going to be another Twilight
knock-off but it surprised me. It definitely began as that, but
didn't end up that way. I really enjoyed this story. I liked the
concept and the characters. There was a bit of language and
some more adult situations. Right now I can't remember exactly
what they were, I just remember being disappointed and not sure
I wanted to buy the book because of it, even though I loved the story.
It is a wonderful fantasy that if you don't mind those few things
anyone would enjoy. I wouldn't not recommend it to everyone, but
if I have a good feel for the type of books you like I might send it your way.
It is a series I will continue reading because I did like the story line so much.

Marked P.C. and Kristen Cast

This book was very disappointing. Within the first two pages I
was tired of the language and basically stopped reading it. I
skimmed through the rest of the book and was able to get the
gist of it just by doing that. I am not going to read any more in
this series but I will give it create for showing what can make
strong friendships and how you treat people will in time end up
helping or hurting you. This is not a book I would recommend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the reviews! They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really interesting books. Are you in shelfari.com or goodraeds.com? You can put there all the books you read and review. Also people will visit your blog, if you tell them the reviews are there. Just a thought.
    Anna del C. Dye
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete